Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week #2 Social media and business

            My experience with businesses has rarely been negative. But even when it’s been negative it’s been a positive negative. Think of it more so as a learning for both sides, that is to say I learn something about dealing with this company, whoever they are, in a manner more than simply purchasing something and leaving and the company learns something about what went wrong and how to fix it based on my needs. But about the only social media and business related things I deal with is Xbox. I use Xbox live and sometimes I have had issues with Xbox live or apps ect on my Xbox. Since Xbox operates a twitter account, or I should say multiple twitter accounts, usually I can tweet them or I get posts related to any issues they are having, even the big stuff like Xbox live is down. Sometimes I have issues at night and sometimes I have issues that require me to look up the string of numbers to see what the definition of my problem is. Either way I have yet to have a totally bad experience where either I’m mad or they can’t help me and I’m screwed. Something like that. But I hope to never encounter that problem.

2 comments:

  1. I can appreciate companies that take the time to use social networks to reach consumers and their potential problems. It seems quicker results are achieved this way for both parties. The next time I have an issue with a company, I think I may use a social network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unaware xbox did this. That is great. We often need tech service at odd hours because we don't use our gadgets during business hours. It's nice to know they are taking advantage of an easy communication forum for this, that doesn't require a special app.

    ReplyDelete