Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week #3 Aesthetics Websites and the two I visit frequently

These are two of a few websites I use most often: www.tweetdeck.com and www.youtube.com. I find both of these sites to be very effective and perfect for what I need. I'll start with tweetdeck. When I role play I use twitter.com but since I role play quite a bit as different characters from different shows it can be a hassle to have to keep logging in and out of twitter accounts to respond to messages. With Tweetdeck I can connect multiple accounts to it, as many as I'd like, and use it like one big giant twitter account. Some of the features that make it easy to use and handle are the locations of very large easy to recognize buttons such as the tweet button, settings, manage accounts and add new columns buttons. With Tweetdeck I can also customize my columns as I see fit. Columns being things like my twitter timelines, mentions where people @me and talk to me and direct messages private conversations between users. All of this combines to make the perfect app for easy use again and again. The only thing I would change is if some of your accounts get suspended or removed the app would still work just as fast and not slow down as a result.

The other site I use frequently is YouTube. I find YouTube to be entertaining but also a way to learn about things I like on my own time. Since searching and such is so easy to figure out, consider its huge and at the top of the screen, I can easily navigate the site even while logged out of my account. While logged into my account, it's still easy-ish to navigate with the menus on the left, but since I only upload videos and thats about it, I don't see a need for the other functions as of yet. The fact I can always find episodes of shows such as Seconds From Disaster and Air Crash Investigators, is one of the many reasons I keep coming back. Apart from making the custom background more visible there is not much I'd change.

No comments:

Post a Comment