Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week #10 Newsletter

For a newsletter it would be hard for me, as the owner of a video game businesses to come up with one but after thinking it over there are a few parts I would use. First off I have to remember this is a video game business and that text alone won't do it, I'd need images as well. When I would send this newsletter would have to be only monthly, unless we were having a special event or maybe more then one. I would divide the news letter into three to five sections. The 1st would be the table of contents because without this, no one knows where anything is. The second section would be for new things, whether they be for games or consoles or parts ect. My third piece would be to remind everyone about whats currently happening and some old favorites that seem to be very popular. The last part, the 4th piece is where I'd bring up old items and ads for other companies/places to find parts, pieces, games ect that I might not have. Of course Id include photos with most of this. Gamers for instant don't just like to read but they also enjoy the visuals. Let's them know what they are getting into gaming wise. If I were to add a fifth section it would include maybe a section of favorite photos of peoples collections from around the world.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Connor,
    I think you hit it pretty straight on in regards to the type of content you could add. The only thing I might add to it is a reviews section. As a consumer (2 boys and a husband) that buy a lot of gaming "stuff" I am constantly after quality reviews before I buy anything. I like to see what a gamer thinks about stuff before I (not a gamer) goes and buys a gift for one of my boys.----- Just a thought =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on your blog post. I think you're blog is good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you have a good point with gamers wanting visuals, but many gamers that I know also like text content. For this reason I think that a newsletter 1-2 per month would be very helpful, especially if you included the content that you outlined. SD Seamless(Audra) made a great point that reviews, or updates on soon to be released games would be great for all of the consumers. Good job on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connor, I think a newsletter would be a great way to keep your clients thinking about your business. One suggestion might be to spotlight some of your customers along with the games they are playing and levels they have achieved. Then maybe they can give some advice to new players on how to do better. This might get other people interested in some new games and get them to buy them. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely agree with you that putting video game business into text would be hard but you seem to have done a great job. All the sections are laid out well and the reader can be kept update with what your working on and special events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Connor, I think it would be helpful to add a section of what's in the news currently about the gaming industry. It would be interesting to do a google search to see what comes up and for ideas on what written content to include in your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete