Friday, April 24, 2015

week #11 Ads

As far as ads are concerned, they can be useful no matter what platform your using. When video game companies like Game Stop use ads, as east from what I've seen, they use normally only two form of advertising, maybe three. The first type of advertising they use is a weekly paper catalog of sorts. This way they can allow you to see whats new each week from sun-sat and also with a web based email newsletter. This way even if your not subscribed to a actual paper newspaper you can still receive email newsletters. However you have to be subscribed to their email, to receive the letters.  So as for my business Id follow the same path of a weekly, possibly every other week to save a little and of course and email newsletter sent out weekly. But lets not also forget a comercial or two, short ones, about my business. If we ever opened a store. Now as far as Facebook is concerned, I think my business, at least in the beginning, would do fine with just a business Facebook business page. With twitter I could cross post, in a way, to both the twitter and Facebook, never missing a chance to let my clients in on the latest video game whatever it may be. Any ads I'd make, I'd make more twitter friendly and post them to my twitter knowing that my Facebook clients would also receive as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connor, I think it is good that you are looking at how a successful competitor is doing things. That said businesses often spend money over a wide spectrum of marketing streams, not all of which are worth while. Print advertising still has a level of effectiveness or it would be completely dead, but It can be very costly and generally has an extremely low rate of return. Social media has a much higher rate of return and can be done with much less cost. For a small start up business I would suggest concentrating their limited resources on things that bring them the highest rate of return.

    ReplyDelete